We turned an upcycled shipping container into a bespoke mobile hospitality suite that celebrates the joy of driving.
As a company built upon the premise of defying conventions, Mazda Motors UK wanted a mobile hospitality suite that would bring the joy of driving their premium vehicles to enthusiasts at events around the country. Moving away from traditional exhibition trailers, which can be clunky and imposing, its events marketing team asked us to create a bespoke experience for customers from an upcycled shipping container.
The client needed a creative solution that would help their events team deliver an experience that was personable and luxurious, but could also be set up by a single person within two hours. They also wanted the mobile hospitality suite to feel open and inviting, avoiding the “hard sell feel” created by most exhibition trailers.
Our in-house exhibition team re-engineered the shipping container to develop a versatile space that was suitable for a variety of indoor or outdoor events. The fixed size (38m sq.) limited what could be done within the structure, so we looked for ways to increase its versatility, allowing the Mazda team to change their mobile hospitality suite to fit different situations.
The sides of the container were cut out and replaced with custom-built canopies that were powered by hydraulics and could be extended independently at the touch of a button. This opened up the suite, creating a light, airy atmosphere and made it possible to accommodate up to 30 people at a time.
Our team also incorporated sliding glass doors with branded decals into the design to help make the space comfortable in adverse weather, or shut out noise during presentations.
Inside the mobile hospitality suite, every detail was designed and fitted out to “celebrate driving”, immersing motoring enthusiasts in a rich sensory experience.
In addition to a full bar with HDMI ports for laptops and tablets, we installed a media wall that incorporated four flush-mounted TVs to play promotional videos and other rich content.
Perfect for an exclusive drinks reception, or high-energy promotional event, the upcycled shipping container became a streamlined, self-contained tool that the marketing team could roll out with minimal effort.
- Set-up time from delivery to event ready for one person: 2 hours.
- The mobile hospitality suite can be easily folded up and loaded onto truck for simple delivery, deployment or storage.
- Premium finishes and polished stainless steel edging inspired by the client’s head office in Dartford to establish brand consistency.
- Media wall swings out to offer additional storage space for pod and provide access to USB ports on the back of each TV.
- Internal LED spot lights and pendant lighting installed to effectively light the suite, creating a light, airy atmosphere for visitors as they move around the space.
- Illuminated brand signage folds up to give the mobile hospitality suite height and increase its visibility at trade shows or busy outdoor events.
- Platform floors, which can withstand up to 2 tons of weight each, can be folded down on either side of the pod, extending the footprint to double or triple the original size and allowing up to two vehicles to be displayed.
- Motorised hydraulic arms make it easy for staff to independently extend or retract canopies to suit different event requirements.
- Health and safety compliant with anti-slip flooring, platform ramps and steps.
Our client was delighted with the result.