We are looking to hire a mid-weight front end web developer to join our busy digital team.
Whilst the role will be home based initially, we will require candidates to be within commutable distance of our Cheshire office (near Knutsford) long term.
The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of exciting digital projects and should be equally comfortable building new applications from scratch as extending or maintaining existing projects. The successful candidate will play a highly valued key role within the team, and will be provided with significant opportunities to grow, develop and learn new skills within a supportive, professional and creative environment.
Parker is an award-winning integrated agency with offices in Cheshire and London.
We specialise in high-end online and offline marketing solutions for an impressive range of blue chip clients such as AstraZeneca, Sage, Ineos, United Utilities and the NHS to name but a few.
Our high production values and highly experienced creative teams make us the go-to agency for a strategic mix of integrated digital projects. Our commitment to designing great user experiences and robust technical solutions has allowed us to become a trusted digital partner and build successful long-term relationships with our clients. We are problem solvers, creating digital solutions from scratch using technology to help clients answer questions in new ways.
Duties and responsibilities
- Continual development of new and existing digital projects
- Designing and implementing new features, functionality and experiences
- Implementing responsive UIs from a brief, wireframes or designs
- Ensuring best practices in terms of refactoring, debugging and writing clean, maintainable code
- Producing highly performant, stable and compliant web pages
- Excellent understanding of front-end technologies and industry best practices
- Ability to understand HTML/CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure a consistent experience across all devices, platforms and browsers
- Strong understanding of responsive design, semantic HTML, accessibility (WCAG) and technical SEO
- Experience of front-end development tools, build pipelines and automation (babel, npm, yarn, gulp, webpack)
- Proven track record of delivering, robust, maintainable and performant websites
- Extensive WordPress knowledge (vanilla or jamstack)
- Fullstack (PHP) / ability to take on minor back-end development tasks
- Knowledge of modern front-end design principles (rich UIs & progressive enhancement)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Prior agency experience
- Salary: £30-35k (depending on experience)
- Flexible working options
- 31 days holiday (incl Bank Holidays)
- Company pension
- Company social events and team building opportunities
- Relaxed modern working environment with on-site parking
- Easy commute away from city centre traffic and congestion
- Please submit your CV along with examples of previous work and a brief description of your role in the project (github profile, links to live sites, etc).
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview.
- Final candidates will be invited to attend a face to face (Covid safe) interview at our Cheshire HQ.
- Please email email@example.com to apply.
Applications from agencies will not be considered.