After working with the charity to refresh their brand, we were asked to help them produce an impact report design that would outline how their programmes are making a difference.
Act4Africa is an award-winning health and education charity that aims to promote gender justice for women and girls, equip them with life skills to be free from poverty, and combat HIV.
After working with the organisation to refresh their brand, we were asked to help them produce an impact report design that would outline how their programmes are making a difference.
We needed to highlight the charity’s activities in way that was both powerful and demonstrated the efficacy of their programmes in targeting poverty.
This impact report design not only helps the client define the kind of change they want to inspire, it also provides transparency about how donations are being used to achieve measurable results.
Our design team wanted to help Act4Africa share their message of hope through an injection of energy and colour, without sacrificing the gravitas needed to address a topic as serious as reducing poverty. While the inside brimmed with vibrant images and patterns, a dark green cover centred the piece.
By maximising the palette we developed for their brand refresh, we were able to highlight different sections of the impact report design to help readers focus on key information.
The earthy look and feel and African patterns that our designers were inspired to create also worked well to emphasise the photography.
- The use of a brush stroke font conveys a sense of action around key section themes.
- Infographics help improve readability and comprehension of statistical data.
- More prominent use of monetary figures throughout the impact report design improves transparency, making readers feel confident about how resources are used.
- Hand drawn boxes and illustrations lend a more human touch to the visuals, creating emotional impact.
- Selection of an uncoated stock allowed us to establish a more natural look and feel, contrasting the piece from an annual report.