We helped the University of Northampton drive student interest in its new Waterside Campus with a versatile and attractive UCAS stand design.
The University of Northampton is a vibrant campus that serves the educational needs of roughly 13,000 students. By September 2018, it will move from its current location and begin accepting students at its newly-built Waterside Campus.
To drive enrolment and help promote the new campus, Parker Design was asked to create an exhibition stand that our client could use at a variety of UCAS events throughout the UK.
Our client needed a solution that would provide its events team with maximum versatility, while also creating an environment that would attract and engage potential students at a key point in their educational decision-making process.
We developed a unique UCAS stand design that immerses potential students in the University of Northampton experience.
Featuring the client’s new brand and elements from the innovative Visitor Centre we designed earlier in the year, the 6x3m stand creates a stimulating environment that allows visitors to imagine themselves on campus.
Starting with a large CGI graphic on the back wall, our creative team played with perspective to make audiences feel as though they’re walking directly onto the new Waterside site. This effect was enhanced through the use of printed vinyl flooring, artificial hedges and AstroTurf, which opened up the stand, allowing designers to “bring the outside in.”
To improve cost-effectiveness and provide additional versatility, we repurposed some of the client’s existing event resources to ensure the UCAS stand design could be reconfigured to fit a variety of event spaces. Bespoke features – including a 3D tree, podium and mini picnic table – are designed to be easily adjustable during setup, allowing the event team to adapt to different venue requirements.
Our client has seen an extremely positive response to the UCAS stand design so far. A popular attraction at every event, our bold and imaginative approach has increased the interest of potential students by delivering an immersive environment that captures the University of Northampton’s unique spirit and character.
- Stand is easy to transport and can be quickly installed in a few hours, providing versatility and allowing the client to attend events with tight turnaround times.
- Adaptable design allows the stand to be set up with two side walls, or only one, to suit a variety of different event space configurations.
- 3D tree provides convenient storage for event giveaway bags and mini picnic table features a built-in iPad station and room for marketing collateral.
- In addition to the 6x3m stand, we also designed two complementary 2x1m twist exhibition stands to support teams at smaller venues and higher education events.
- Scope to expand the stand has been incorporated into the design, allowing us to add elements to meet the client’s future event needs.